1L (JD Class 2026) – 2024 Summer Associate (Patent Litigation) - (Electrical Engineering, Computer Science)
Practice Area Litigation
Date Posted Feb 21, 2024
Application Deadline Mar 21, 2024
We are currently accepting applications for a 1L (class of 2026) to join our 2024 Summer Associate Program in Austin, TX. In our program, you will step into the experience of life as an associate at Fish. Every day will bring new insights about the associate experience and prepare you to join our ranks - from training programs, to drafting legal documents, or talking strategy over a working lunch. We encourage skills development through complex client work assignments and training. Our social events, dedicated mentors, and relaxed firm culture create an environment that fosters your relationships with your fellow summer associates and our attorneys. At Fish, we promote a creative, respectful and inclusive culture that values the diversity of people and allows ingenuity to thrive. You will be a respected teammate, joining an elite group of attorneys solving intellectual property issues for the world's leading companies.
If you have a passion for science, engineering and intellectual property, we want to hear from you.
What you will do:
- Conduct research and draft memos for litigation cases (patent litigation summer associates).
- May have opportunities to attend client meetings, depositions, and even trials.
- Explore your office's city and experience local culture with our attorneys as your guides.
- Attend the firmwide Summer Associate Retreat filled with training, networking, and fun.
Who you are:
- You have a degree in Electrical Engineering and/or Computer Science (required).
- You demonstrate a record of academic and professional excellence in science or technology.
- You have a superior writing ability.
- You are curious and motivated to learn how things work.
- You are in good standing as a law student at an ABA accredited law school, with an anticipated graduation date of spring 2026.
- You have enthusiasm and are eager to rise to the challenge.
- You thrive in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
2024 Summer Associate Salary: $4,327/week